Friday, April 20, 2007

Spaghetti and courgettes

This is what I made as a dinner for one last night. It would have been better with a couple of anchovies melted into the sauce, and with Parmesan cheese -- but Gruyere was what I had in the fridge.

I softened a clove of garlic and a red onion (both chopped) in some olive oil and butter, for about 10 minutes. I threw in thin rounds (about the width of a pound coin) of two small courgettes, with a little salt, and turned up the heat slightly. They took about 10 minutes to soften, with regular tossing. After about five minutes, I added four whizzed, dried chillis -- that is an excessive number, but reflects my taste -- with the scrapings (making up about a tbsp) from a carton of creme fraiche bought back from France.

Meanwhile, I boiled 125 g of spaghetti until al dente. I tossed it with the courgette mixture, and with a handful of grated Gruyere.

No comments: