- Measure the volume of rice. (In weight, about 75g is a good single portion.)
- Put twice that volume of water in a pan, with a little salt.
- Wash the rice, and add it to the pan.
- Bring to a simmer.
- On a medium heat, simmer the rice until the water level drops below the surface, which shows bubbles.
- Turn down the flame to the minimum, put a heat disperser under the pan, and cover the pan.
- Cook for a further five minutes.
Monday, April 26, 2010
Rice - yet another way
I got this method (for Basmati) from the back of a packet. It's my new favourite. The advantage over this one is that the rice doesn't clump together if you hold it in the covered pan.